I'm prepping for my Trip Of A Lifetime. It's still 10wks away - oh jeez I'm counting in weeks now instead of months! - but I truly only have a couple of things left to do:
- Oyster Card - purchase ahead of time, or at a visitor center once I'm there?
- Heathrow Express train tickets
- Finalize the order on Amazon for a small camera (don't want to use my phone) and a power converter - all paid for with Rewards & Recognition points from work so... Free!
- Purchase cash - that means converting USD to GBP!!! (why does this give me the giggles?)
- Purchase shoes! I have trouble w/ all those tiny bones that were previously broken, so that means... really, really good ones. That means... expensive. I have a feeling they will be worth every penny.
I'm also in the middle of mad preparations for the Museum's annual Hangar Dance & Dinner. That's Mar 26 this year, so only 5 wks away. Gah. So much to do!
And I've been seeing ghosts of cats in my apartment - I catch them out of the corner of my eye, and feel a fleeting weight when they jump on the bed. It's comforting to know that they loved me too. I miss them terribly, but I seriously don't miss the litter boxes AT. ALL. But... perhaps when I'm back from traveling I'll make a trip to the pound for a pair - Odin & Freya? Winnie & Frank? Nick & Nora? Watson & Adler?